Thursday, August 18, 2016

Freshman Year Reflections

Freshman year of college was definitely a great learning experience for me. Despite having taken almost all the art classes available to me throughout my public school career, I felt that this was my first formal training in concrete techniques like perspective, composition, and color theory, and my work's progression from senior year of high school to last year definitely shows it. I enjoyed being pushed beyond my comfort zone when it came to subject material and media as well, as I was required to learn marker, woodworking, sculpting, and more.

Included below is a small selection of my favorite assignments from freshman year.

An inventive interior piece done in Copic marker.
Some really fun animal studies from life.

An abstract work meant to visually convey a piece of music, in this case
Star Trek: Into Darkness Main Theme by Michael Giacchino



Freshman year was tough, but in the end I felt that I really did improve immensely as an artist, and I can't wait to witness that transformation again as I move into the digital sphere with my sophomore Game Art courses!

No comments:

Post a Comment