Monday, February 20, 2017

Particle System: Research

For my first foray into making custom particle systems, I decided to create a sort of "acid explosion" to go with my exploding barrel that I made a few weeks ago. Ideally, the statue would explode, spraying acid and bits of debris and leaving a puddle in its wake. There aren't really any real life examples of this specifically, but I had seen videos of exploding fruit before and knew that I wanted a similar sort of consistency and look, so that is what I decided to base my particle system on. Below are some good slow motion videos of exploding fruit that I've been referencing in planning my different emitters.





Finally, here's a short video I found that's somewhat in the same vein as what I'm trying to do, including the residual puddle after the explosion:



So far it seems like I'll need to have at least four emitters: one for the sparks at the beginning of the explosion, one for the main substance or "body" of the exploding acid, one for the splashes that travel further out, and a mesh emitter for the debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment